Saturday, April 24, 2021

MisProduccionesDeSombras #45 - San Miguel de Allende Dia 13

Anybody having a little San Miguel de Allende withdrawal? I am, so if you don’t mind I am going to post about a few things that have come to mind:

One note: Please see if you missed post #39, it looks like it has only been viewed one time?

Click here to see post #39.

One thing I forgot to mention. No traffic signals or stop signs at intersections. Speed bumps at intersections and halfway down each block. Pedestrians and cars and buses and bicycles and motorcycles and four wheel atvs all just taking turns and moving slowly but surely. I did not see an accident or hear of one. Very little honking of horns, no sirens and ambulances and fire trucks. This is a short video I took at a fairly busy T intersection:


I scheduled a “shared” shuttle (only $30 US) from my hotel for the 1.5 hour trip to Queretaro Airport and it ended up being just me. Very comfortable 12? passenger van, with stick shift. The driver was slow and patient through the cobblestone streets and speed bumps but when he got to “the highway” it was a different story. I think his name was Señor Gonzalez, as in Speedy Gonzalez!! Reminded me so much of the driver at Peetim’s in Thailand! Fast, passing, lane changing, fast, tailgating, fast, but in the end, I got there!

A few photos that slipped through the cracks :)


Chicken Quesadillas 


                Doble Vanilla 30 pesos, about $1.50 (guilty pleasure most nights)

                               Did you notice this photo in the movie/videos?


The old bullfighting ring, it is now an Event Venue, click here for an interesting look!

More photos that I think I missed in the movie/videos (you know you need to see them, right?)





                              Parroquia de San Antonio de Padua



Rosewood Hotel












                                                                     Guadiana Park

Thank you to everyone for looking at the blog posts!! It is very enjoyable to take the photos and it helps me appreciate all the moments!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi everyone! When I open this post on my iPad the video above at the T Intersection shows up and opens and plays.
    But, when I open this post on my phone, the video of the T Intersection doesn’t show up???
    Please let me know what you are experiencing!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The La Plaza de Toros is awesome- love the architecture! Thx Kim🥰

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the T intersection—a blank box shows up on your first screen but when I opened up the blog it is just the paragraph. LeeAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On your phone, right?
      Please try it on iPad or laptop and the T intersection video should be there!
      I don’t know why, just trying to figure it out.
      Thanks

      Delete