Thursday, April 22, 2021

MisProduccionesDeSombras #44 - San Miguel de Allende Dia 12

Hola amigos and amigas!

Went to the Biblioteca Publica (Public Library). Very interesting! Plenty of influence there from Stirling Dickerson, who kind of helped make San Miguel de Allende popular.

I have read that another factor in San Miguel de Allende’s popularity was the GI Bill and veterans choosing to study art here.

This is a movie/video from my photos at the Biblioteca:


Walked down Insurgentes (a street) after the library and found Manicure and Pedicure (don’t judge:) for $100 pesos c/u. The c/u means per each :) But still worth it!

While I was in the shop I could watch activity on the street. Cars, buses, people walking, bikes, motorcycles, guy carrying mucho roses and a Transito Municipal Policio (Parking Police).

This woman officer blew her whistle and then removed the car’s front license plate and put it in her chest vest. She then spent a few minutes on her phone and writing a ticket to put on the windshield!!



Click on the photo and enlarge it and you can see license plate missing and white ticket at bottom of windshield. The other car parked there later, probably just a matter of time for them!

Here is a photo of the Mexican paper currency, it is missing the $200 pesos bill:

This photo is of some guys working on what looked like a private cobblestone drive, with curb and sidewalk!


iPhotos created the following movie/videos from my photos:




My last dinner in San Miguel de Allende was filete de pescado al ajillo (fish filet with garlic) that included brown rice, corn tortillas, lettuce, red onion, avocado and tomatoes. It was very good with the Limonada with mineral water. This photo does not do it justice, but I will show it anyway:

I am very proud of myself, I did all of the blogs for this trip without using the San Miguel de Allende acronym, SMA! I wouldn’t have known what to do with all the time I would have saved :))

Let’s end with a few photos from Plaza Principal and views behind some of those doors :)






Buenas Noches, leaving the hotel at 7:15 am to start the journey back to Denver!!

Last minute movie/video by iPhotos of Guanajuato, it includes a photo of hot air balloons in San Miguel Allende on the way to bus station :)


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful trip!! Hope you enjoyed as much as I did. Great photography! LeeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed so much the pictures of the city and your whole trip. I think you took it all back. Let us know when you are home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn, made it back to Denver Friday night.

      Delete
  3. What a great experience, Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Beth. A lot to be grateful for!!

    ReplyDelete