Wednesday, April 21, 2021

MisProduccionesDeSombras #43 - San Miguel de Allende Dias 9, 10 & 11

Hola!!

Kind of losing track of days a little bit :)

Monday and Tuesday I spent a lot of time trying to walk different streets, turning and looking back and even just walking on the different side of a familiar street. Amazing how many new sights appear! One thing for sure, most people walk on the shady sidewalk. When you approach another person going the opposite direction on the sidewalk, there is a psychological experiment that occurs.

Who steps off the walk to let the other by?

Maybe neither step off and the narrow sidewalk has room (just barely)!

One English speaking walker said the walker going against traffic should be the one to step off because they can see the traffic?

Some sidewalks have cars parked on the street so a car door opening can be a little bit of a surprise :)

Residents along the sidewalks water their plants on their terraces, or second floor windows and the water sometimes drips on the sidewalk and sometimes the drainage spouts are extended out from the building so the water hits the street. I would love to see what happens during a rain! 

One area near Parque Benito Juarez and the Mini Lombard crooked street area is Lavaderos de Chorro, a little plaza with what used to be about 20 little “washing stations” where laundry was done. Click here for location. My photos of the area are below:


On Tuesday I walked to Cruz Roja Mexicana (Mexican Red Cross) to get the COVID test that is required to fly back into the USA. Very simple, no line, just give information, get swabbed and wait 20 minutes for written certification. Cost is $899 pesos or about $45 US. 

There is a testing service that will come to your hotel/apartment for about same cost and I have read that you can get tested at Queretaro Airport as well, but I didn’t want to chance that.

Here are a few photos of that part of the trip:





Today, Wednesday, I finally rode on a local bus. Took Ruta 6 from a stop close to my hotel and went as far south as the bus goes ( maybe 6 miles?) and rode it back to Centro. The areas change from cobblestone streets to double lane highway with some large shopping centers, grocery stores ( La Comer ), new condo like developments and residential areas.
The entire bus ride, about 1 hour, cost 8 pesos, about 40 cents! At times in the Centro area it feels like you can reach out the bus window and touch the buildings!



After the bus ride, I bought a street “taco” from a family stand, their young daughter was in charge of drinks, I bought an orange juice from her!



The taco had steak, cilantro and onions with cucumbers and red onions on the side with a lime, which they call límon.

Turned out that I was still hungry after walking to the El Jardín area and I ate on the plaza.
I had quesadillas con tocino, quesadillas with bacon. The waiter taught me tocino=bacon and even tested me when I was leaving. The people are very polite in using their language and eager to teach a little.


That glass looks familiar, we had several those! I like drinking Limonada with mineral water.

This movie/video kind of catches me up on random photos:


That’s all for today, happy tomorrow!


4 comments:

  1. Very calming- flowers are beautiful- food looks good. Thx Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is your Spanish getting any better?? That bus is real close to the window!!

    ReplyDelete