Wednesday, April 14, 2021

MisProduccionesDeSombras #39 - San Miguel de Allende Dia 4

Hola!!

For a day without plans it has turned out great.

There is a hilly part of town that has a mini Lombard Street like San Francisco, so I was headed there and ended up at a different spot I also wanted to see called El Mirador (a viewpoint of the city), it was kind of blocked off because of COVID, heaven knows why, but I got a few photos anyway:



Then I had to walk down the hill and back up a different street to see Parque El Charro with the crooked street, some large white birds in the trees and more interesting sites.

When I left there I realized that I was very close to one of my favorite spots so far, Parque Benito Juarez.

I walked outside the park along a sidewalk and saw what looked like a possible restaurant for breakfast. It was!! See photos in the video/movie below. Just a beautiful setting for Mexican Huevos (eggs) with salsa verde and tortillas and refried beans and bread with fig preserves and guava preserves and who knew, Beatles music in the background :) Even got that Math lesson they give, one and one and one is three!

I drew on this map with the pen that I bought for my IPad, I miss paper maps and highlighters!



After the late breakfast I walked to a noon meeting and then to a neighborhood area I wanted to see and then back to the Park to watch some guys play basketball before going back to hotel for a rest (is it a siesta if you don’t sleep but just rest?)

Some of my photos made me think of a conversation like this:

Amigo, what should we do with the leftover bricks and stones?

Señor, no worries, I have some ideas:



Here is a movie/video of Parque Benito Juarèz: (Fair warning, against my better judgment, there is a scary selfie included):


If you look hard enough, there is always a “fixer-upper” just waiting for that special someone!:


Like most cars and owners, there are probably a few stories associated with this Volkswagen Beetle:


Saw a little horse riding on the street right outside my hotel, one of the riders even waves at me!


I think that is enough blogging for one day/night, I plan on being up early tomorrow for some more adventure, Buenos noches!

1 comment:

  1. As always, great photography, such beautiful flowers and love seeing all the stone.
    I thought you might have joined the basketball game at some point!!

    ReplyDelete