Tuesday, April 13, 2021

MisProduccionesDeSombras #38 - San Miguel de Allende Dia 3

Buenos dias! The title is in Spanish, did you notice?

Started the day with a walk northward to a new park, Parque Zeferino Gutierrez.

Then walked back towards Centro with a detour through the Guadalupe neighborhood, a little “poorer?”, less gentrified area.

Found a small cafe for Americano coffee and walked west along Calzada de La Luz to a street food and market area.

I bought a large container of sliced fruit from a street stand for 30 pesos, about $1.50 and walked toward the “Jardin” area to find some place to sit in the shade.

After eating I went to take photos of the church, Parroquia San Miguel Arcangel.

It just so happened that just a few minutes after I was in the church, a Mass started :)

Lightning didn’t strike, so I decided to stay for the Mass. I had an honest reason for not understanding because it was in Spanish and Mexicans speak a fast Spanish!

It was a nice and peaceful mass with a very long sermon about, Amor (love), Familia (family), serenidad (serenity) and the importance of family, I think!

I found it very hard to photograph the exterior and interior of the church because of its height.

Here is a movie/video of the church and the walk after:


I saw this tree today and it reminded me of my previous post about Sound Totems in Denver, Click Here to view.

The “doors” didn’t open, though one of them had a hinge attached?


The area of San Miguel de Allende is in the midst of a serious drought from what I can gather.
I would love to be here when they get substantial rain and the water flows in the dry River bed and drainage channels I have seen (photos below):




Weather for today and several days after:


Not sure of my plans for tomorrow. I seem to be intimidated with the buses here and haven’t done that yet. As far as I know, they do not have a neat app like RTD in Denver :(
I will Google it and try to find some info to get started. There are a few areas that seem far to walk but I would like to see them.

You probably don’t know it, but there are some street signs you need to learn,  I am trying to gather the photos for that lesson, stay tuned.
Buena Noche, Buenos Dias, Buenos Tardes!!

4 comments:

  1. You seem to be both in and out your element! What a cool place to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth. Well put.
      This saying comes to mind:
      “I am not all there, that’s why I am here”

      Delete
  2. Love the pictures of church!
    Nice warm place to be.

    ReplyDelete