Saturday, August 17, 2024

BONSAI SHOW, MAZE GARDEN, CHILDREN’S GARDEN, Asia Festival at Morton Arboretum - MyShadowProductions #180

Hello everyone, that means YOU !!

On Sunday August 4, 2024 I went to the Morton Arboretum to see BONSAI and a little bit of their Destination Asia Festival as well as the Maze Garden and the Children’s Garden.

I like Bonsai, all types, shapes and sizes, they show me that patience works :) According to the internet, Bonsai is a Japanese term that means “planted in a container” and Bonsai show a balance between nature and art while representing how people can attain peace within.

Oddly, Japanese Kamikazi pilots and infantry screamed “Banzai, Banzai !!” as one last show of defiance before their last acts. A few letters different, similar pronunciation but very different meaning?

Remember the Bonsai World I visited in Costa Rica? CLICK HERE to view the Post with a Bonsai Mundo Video to refresh your memory :)


The Destination Asia Festival was interesting but I didn’t have enough of the “bonsai patience” to enjoy it all. Nevertheless there was this photo op :)

Click Here to view a Video created from my photos of the Bonsai Show and Destination Asia Festival.

A previous “couldn’t resist photo” (below) is in This Post about Isla Ixtapa.

A few Bonsai photos with comments:



In past visits to the Morton Arboretum I passed on the Maze Garden and the Children’s Garden, no specific reasons just one of those “can’t see it all in one day” reasons :)

This Video was created from my photos there.

Here are a few photos with comments:



Overall, a pretty interesting day and the weather continues to cooperate. This visit was all on the East side of the Arboretum, next time will most likely see the West side again and see what seasonal changes are “over there”.

More recently, I had the opportunity to walk around Aurora downtown along the Fox River during the morning and I was a bit surprised by the amount of “wildlife” activity that crossed my path.






Maybe the lower water levels had something to do with it? Maybe the cooler nights had something to do with it? Maybe it is “normal” and I just happened to pay attention :) It seems too that the geese (not a big problem, but they do have a presence) have “left town” for a while, I don’t know the reason for that but I am sure they will return :)

Watch here for a Fox River “wildlife” video created from my photos and short videos.

Thank you, if you made it through the Video, thought it might bring a smile or two. I am pretty sure that when the “floating body” reached the firefighter, I heard the “rescuer” say “Hello!”, my video didn’t pick it up though :)

Let’s keep “moving”, the Sun and Moon keep doing their “thing”, so can we !!


2 comments:

  1. HI! Finally getting caught up with emails! Bonsai, lighthearted comments from you, active muskrats and other wildlife -- what could be better? Great variety in this post - love getting them. Thanks - Kim!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete