Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Geneva, Illinois & Lilacia Park in Lombard, Illinois - MyShadowProductions #171

Buenos Dias Amigos (felt like “talking” Spanish :)

Hope everyone had an enjoyable Mother’s Day Weekend !!

I think the “family” in the photo below did :)

My mom passed away in 2012 and I like to remember her affection for Lilacs, Peonies and Red Geraniums :) Those thoughts were a big part of my recent “day trip” to Geneva, Illinois and then Lilacia Park in Lombard, Illinois. 

It was an interesting day in two cities new to me (I lived in Central Illinois for 60+ years and just didn’t experience this part of the state).

Although I was at least a couple of weeks late for the Lilacs in Full Bloom, it was still enjoyable and fragrant and they even had a few Peonies almost ready to burst :) 

I also overheard a docent giving a tour say that there are over 35,000 tulips and 700 lilacs in the 8.5 acre garden.

Click here for a walk through Lilacia Park and a little bit of Lombard :)



Geneva is the county seat of Kane County, is along the Fox River and has a very unique personality, at least it seemed that way in my short visit. I was there on Saturday, May 11, 2024, and it was very active, especially along South 3rd Street with several blocks of historic storefronts and Victorian-style homes with many landscaped lawns serving as outdoor restaurants. I am regretting that I didn’t get photos but I was preoccupied with getting to the bus on time (I know, misplaced priorities :) Most likely there are photo opportunities waiting for me, I just need to go back :)

Geneva has a nice Island Park (that’s what they named it :) in the Fox River and an interesting walkway constructed under an older railroad bridge.






I bet you wish I had a Video of my Geneva visit from my Photos? Try here to see :)

I have been working on my latest Custom Paint by Number painting slowly over the past several months. I “finished” it this past Sunday. It is a combination of one of my photos at the Cahuita National Park in Costa Rica and a Blue Morpho Butterflies photo that I found in Costa Rica stock photos by others. I couldn’t get a clear photo of the butterflies from my videos, but I think this works.

Here is the photo and my “finished” product (with a few changes:)



This Video shows the progression of the painting :)


If you’re counting :), that makes 4 Custom Paint by Number paintings I have completed:




Saw a couple of Bloomed Peony Bushes along the Fox River Trail :)



One last bit, under the “learn something new everyday” idea, the vegetable/fruit in the photo below was in the assortment of items that we sorted at the Food Pantry last week.


Prickly/Spiny Chayote Squash, raise your hand if you knew what it was, extra points if you have eaten it :)

Hope your week is going good, let’s all keep learning and enjoying life :)


2 comments:

  1. Captivating blue butterflies! The peonies bloomed here awhile ago and I also thought of mom and our younger years. :). Yep! Keep learning and enjoying life. Love your blog posts. Patty

    ReplyDelete