Friday, May 24, 2024

Chicago Water Taxi to Ping Tom Memorial Park - MyShadowProductions #172

Happy Memorial Day Weekend !!

I would like to pass on a few “humorous?” things if you don’t mind :)

First, I had a little interaction with Sam, my 16 year old, special needs grandson:

This was me and him sharing shadows months ago:

A few days ago Sam was showing me some “stretches” he does at school and some “dance moves” to the songs “Let it Go” and “Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggity Dog”:

I said “You’re something else dude”

Sam said “I am not Dude”

I said “Ok Sam”

He said “Ok Dude” and then his trademark smile :)

Second:

Third:

Thanks!!


There was a really cool sky just after sunset on May 20, 2024:

Nearly a full moon too

Sometimes a little “space” can make a big difference, like in the following:

Nowhere to Now Here :)

Also, this advice can be helpful:


Last Sunday I took the train to Union Station, walked a few blocks north and boarded the Water Taxi boat to see what I could see :)

The first route I took was to the south, to the Ping Tom Memorial Park, about a 20 minute ride down the South Branch of the Chicago River.


The Water Taxi then stops at the Ping Tom Memorial Park for those who want to disembark and enjoy the trails and sights of the Urban Park.

Ping Tom Park also serves as a gateway to Chicago’s Chinatown, just a short walk away.





This statue gives a brief “history” of Ping Tom and the Memorial Park.


Ping Tom Memorial Park was named

in honor of the leading force

behind its creation. Chinatown’s

most noted civic leader, Ping Tom.

A lifelong resident of Chinatown,

Ping Tom became president of several businesses in the community 

after earning degrees in Economics 

and Law from Northwestern University.

In 1984 he and other business leaders formed

the Chnese American Development Corporation.

This private real estate firm transformed a

32-acre rail yard site into Chinatown Square,

a one hundred million dollar residential

and commercial expansion of Chinatown.

Ping Tom was Founding President of the

Chinatown Chamber of Commerce,

a past President and Director of the

Chinese American Civic Council 

and an advisory board member of the

Chinese American Service League.

Ping Tom served as trustee for

a number of important civic

and cultural institutions

He was also an advisor to US. Senators,

Illinois Governors and Chicago Mayors


Sculptor

LIAO HUILAN”

Click Here for a Video created from my photos on the “excursion”. The Water Taxi boat was fairly crowded and I unfortunately had to include random fellow passengers :)

Hope you enjoyed the Video, and now I get to say something that I have always wanted to say in a blog post:

To Be Continued :)




Have a great day !!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you’re having fun…Happy Memorial Day weekend ❣️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really liking the water taxi transportation option! I viewed some of the blogs out of order, so didn't get to appreciate the suspense of "to be continued". :) Did enjoy the double shadow and anterior about Sam! Patty

    ReplyDelete