Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Random Post - MyShadowProductions #158

Hi everyone !!

No, I haven’t started my trip yet, I just had the urge to share some things that happened today.

One of the “things” that go along with moving involves finding a new doctor. I did that and had my first appointment and yearly physical :) It looks like I gained about 5 pounds since my last physical, can I blame that on the Elevation change from 5,280 ft in Denver to 719 ft in Aurora??

I really don’t think it is related to a few Chicago Style Hot Dogs or a few Italian Beef with Mozzarella sandwiches or taking the bus or Uber (instead of walking) to my volunteer gig, right??

Ok, after that appointment, I went to the Morton Arboretum to get my Volunteer Name Tag and 2024 sticker. One more step to hopefully getting my hands dirty in maybe late March or April??

While on-site I went for a hike/walk/stroll to see what I could see. I mainly hiked the East Side Main Trail Loop 1 and the East Side Main Trail Loop 2, winding through the trees (I couldn’t see the forest :) and prairie, and passing The Big Rock:




I also passed another “Of the Earth” sculptures - Oculus:


A highlight of the hike was getting to see a Coyote passing by in the brush. Coincidentally this has a “connection” to my trip but I will share about that when I Post a new blog on Sunday night or Monday morning :)

Click here for a video of the Coyote. The occasional sound in the background is a car passing by on one of the Arboretum roadways.

CLICK HERE for a Video of the hike/walk/stroll created from my photos. 

Here are a few of the signs in case you are interested in reading them :)







Did you notice in the Video the Art by Mother Nature? The white fungi? on the tree log:


How about the hollow tree sections?



The black mark on the tree below looked like a burn mark, not obvious to me how it got there? Kind  of looks like a bear cub climbing :) or an ink blot for a “Nature Psychiatrist”, lol :)

Well, nobody made any guesses on where I am going on my trip, nobody asked to buy a vowel either :)

Here are a few more letters just in case you are trying, just a little, to guess:

C__o_c_n
 M_r__i_
 _i__a__n_j_

That’s all for now,

Have a great weekend !!




4 comments:

  1. Ricky Traveler pointed out that there is a Bigger BIG ROCK near Sydney, Ohio. Here is the Link:
    https://www.sidneyoh.com/Facilities/Facility/Details/Big-Rock-56

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually it’s “rickeytravels”, to thank for the link :)

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed the videos. Be careful around the wildlife! Very cool to see the coyote.

    ReplyDelete