Sunday, February 18, 2024

Can you say COYOACÁN? - MyShadowProductions #159

Hola Amigos, I am in Mexico City.


The Time zone here is the same as Central time now and then like Mountain Time when USA does time change.

Here is an idea of currency, 2000 pesos equals about $117 or 17 pesos=$1 US.

The places with missing letters in my previous Post are:

Coyoacán (where my hotel is) - a borough of Mexico City and the name means “the place of coyotes” in Nahuatl language. Do you see what I meant by a coincidence when I saw the coyote at Morton Arboretum :) There is even a Fountain with Coyotes :)

The next place with missing letters is Morelia - a city to the west of Mexico City. I will be going there by 4hr bus ride on Thursday.

The third place with missing letters is Zihuatanejo - a city on the Pacific Coast - I will go there by bus after 4 days in Morelia.

I went for a short walk after getting checked in at my room, about 3pm. I didn’t plan it, but Sunday afternoon is probably the best time to see the true life of many, many local families with a few tourists sprinkled about.



Click here to see a quick video of my first few hours.

Now, I am going to eat some roasted chicken and try to plan a little for tomorrow.

Buenas Noches !!


2 comments:

  1. That is such a coincidence about the coyote that you saw! I (with Maria), a few more vowels and a little help from google found the name of the city never thought about it meaning coyote, now it looks so obvious!!! Looking forward to more videos and pictures!
    LeeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - great pictures as always! Have a great time! - Sarah

    ReplyDelete