Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Morelia in Michoacán, MX - MyShadowProductions #162

Hello everybody !!

I am writing this update from Zihuatanejo (cee-wha-tah-nay-hoe), Zihua for short :)

I arrived here on Monday , February 26 via AutoVias bus from Morelia. It was amazing how active the Bus Terminal was at 4:30 am waiting for the 5:00 am departure and 5 hour ride, while other buses departed and arrived. Once the sun came up, the scenery was great, greens, browns, cacti, lemon and lime trees, mountains, etc. I have a few videos through the “upper deck picture window” that I will share in later posts.

I still have a couple of videos from Coyoacán:

Click Here to see the Video created from my photos at Viveros de Coyoacán, a vary large tree nursery that has changed over the years and today provides a large exercise playground with views :)





CLICK HERE to see a Video created from my photos at Mercado N. 89 Coyoacán. I tried the blue corn tortillas (you can see them being cooked in the video) for my quesadillas.






Up next in the blog will be Morelia, the capital of the State of Michoacán, with a population over 750,000. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site for over 200 well preserved and protected structures (hundreds more not protected by UNESCO) from as early as the 16th to 18th centuries, featuring their characteristic pink cantera stone (any geologist out there will understand :) from the area. There is also a refurbished Aqueduct (no longer in use but a great visual site and engineering interest for me), the Cathedral, other churches, buildings, streets, plazas, etc. 




To see a little bit of the highway (150 I think) between CDMX and Morelia you can watch this very amateur 4.5 minute video I took from the bus, ClicK HerE.


My mind is starting to ramble :) I am trying to adjust to Zihua, not as “quaint” as I hoped (however, there are doves cooing and roosters crowing) but I know the way to the Bahia (Bay) and the Playas (beaches) and I will do my best to find some walking trails and coastline views, I know they are out there :)

Hasta Luego - See you later :)


1 comment:

  1. Amazing how they cleared under trees at Coyoacan and beautiful nature, flowers! Interesting pics- thx❣️

    ReplyDelete