Monday, November 20, 2023

West Side of Morton Arboretum & Upcoming Trip - MyShadowProductions #147

Hey everybody!!

The weather has been very nice and I took advantage of it about a week and an half ago and went back to Morton Arboretum to walk/hike some of the Trails on the West Side.


Still plenty of color and interesting views. There are several of these tree stumps carved into “chairs”. 

Against my better judgment I took one of those rare “phone on 10 second timer selfies”, again, I ask no judging :)

Yep, I set the timer, placed the phone against a branch, scurried to the stump chair without falling, sat down awkwardly and the photo was successful on the first try :)

Fair warning, it is in the movie/video of my photos, watch if you dare.

Now, about the upcoming trip mentioned in the title of this Post. Not sure how it will turn out, maybe not many interesting sights or opportunities for photos but won’t know until I try, time will tell :) :)

I don’t want to say where because if I end up in a different place it might be confusing :) 

Like Bob Seger says in the song “Roll Me Away” (click here to listen) (complete with a shadow at the video’s start :)

“I could go East, I could go West (or North or South :)

It was all up to me to decide”

One thing for sure though, I will not be on a motorcycle, but isn’t that a cool song and video?

A big clue that will definitely narrow down my destination (if you are guessing) is that I will fly there direct from Chicago O’Hare Airport :)

I will leave the Saturday after Thanksgiving and will be gone a little over two weeks.

Click here for a video of the Finale to the Aurora Christmas Parade Fireworks, notice the crescent moon, low in the southern sky :)

The video doesn’t show it, but there were over 7,000 people present (according to the event DJ) for the parade, tree lighting and fireworks. Next year I will know where to stand in order to get the reflection of the fireworks on the Fox River, obviously I guessed wrong this time :) I did get the tree’s reflection :)

Have a Great Thanksgiving and I will let you know where I end up !!

1 comment:

  1. A lot of interest in this post! Loved it all... trees, your picture on the tree-bench, Bob Seger, fireworks. Guessing you have started your trip. Looking forward to the post. Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels.

    ReplyDelete