Saturday, November 25, 2023

I went South, ORD to SJO - MyShadowProductions #148

Hola Amigos,

I went Five hours south (7:40 am - 12:45 pm) by a United 737 to Costa Rica, the Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO) near San José, the Capitol of Costa Rica.

The flight was not full and I was able to slide over to a window seat looking west and enjoy the daytime flight. Saw portions of the Mississippi River, New Orleans Delta, tip of the Yucatán Peninsula (Cancun area), north coast of Honduras (with the coast stretching to Hospital Loma de Luz, where I volunteered in November 2021).


I am staying the first 2 nights at Mountain Lodge CheTica in the foothills about 30 minutes from San José Centro.

                            Santorini Room


Time zone here is Central Standard Time, so this time of year it matches Central Time in the United States and since they don’t celebrate daylight savings time they match United States Mountain Time for the other half of the year.

This is the weather forecast for the area I am in now:

I have been up since 3 am (4 am Uber to Airport), so I am going to make this short and finish with a few photos from a walk before sunset.











More to come when I get in the PURA VIDA groove!

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy the nice temperatures, was good to see colorful flowers blooming! Looking forward to many more beautiful sites. LeeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks nice. Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great place! Looking forward to more beautiful pics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you good weather! Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read it! Looks great!! Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great trip! Can't wait to see all the pictures! - Sarah

    ReplyDelete