Sunday, November 12, 2023

Phillips Park, Mastodon Lake, Sunken Gardens and Misc. in Aurora, IL - MyShadowProductions #146

Hello friends !!

First things first….:)

At the end of my Post #138 (Click Here if you want to see what you missed :) I asked for followers to PLEASE send me (Kim-favero@hotmail.com) a few photos of something in their life like a view from a window, plants, street view, local wildlife, art, something you find interesting. My plan is to combine all photos received in a shuffled and anonymous way in one of my “famous” movie/videos :) Thank you to the 3 Followers that responded earlier and feel free to add photos this time also. Looking forward to a robust response from all, thank you. I understand if you choose not to participate, no problem.

Back to business…….

A few days ago I walked to a local park in Aurora, IL named Phillips Park which also includes Mastodon Lake. They actually uncovered remains of Mastodons there when excavating the lake. I didn’t make it to the Visitor Center to see the fossils, sorry, there are photos online via Google though. Also, I am not a big fan of zoos so I skipped that, but it is Free and seems pretty nice for those who may be interested.

Oh, Phillips Park does include what looks to be a nice golf course. Looking forward to trying that out in the Spring or Summer of 2024 :)

To see a movie/video created from my photos, CLICK HERE. (music choice a little different than “normal” :)

This was an interesting Sunrise out my window on November 2, 2023. I counted over a dozen jet trails :)


In fairness to the Skies, I found a decent spot to view Sunset in Aurora, the Benton St Bridge between Stolp Ave and Water St:


Ready for a little science project/question ??

Click on the photo below and read the plaque and see if it makes sense, I am not sure that I understand it correctly;



and then ClicK HerE to watch a short video of the Isaac^ (^=squared) Swimming Stones in Aurora, IL.

What do you think??

I went back a couple of days later to get a longer video but the Swimming Stones are shut down for the winter.


On my walk to Phillips Park I passed a place called Wurst Kitchen Sausage Co. (a play on words? did “humor” exist in 1895 when the store opened? :)


Pretty interesting to Read Their Story and especially to click on their “Our Sausages”/Products link. It would take weeks/months/years to try them all :)

I did not go into the store yet, on my list of “places to go” but I did buy a bratwurst sandwich from their little walk up booth along Union St, very good!! I failed as a “Foodie”, did not get a photo.

I did get a photo at Don Walker’s Sandwich Center (about 4 blocks from my apartment) of their Chicago Style Hot Dog (very good taste and price), have also tried their “Gourmet Sandwich/The Best Italian Beef in Town” and it is very good!!






Please, no judging, once in a while won’t hurt, right?? :)

Read their story HERE. Does this fall under the “Lucky Dog” label I have used in the past?

One (or two) last rambling thought(s) for this post and then I will let you get on with your day :)

Saw this hawk while walking along the Fox River Trail:



One last “Teaser Photo” for my next Post:


Hope November is being Kind to You !! :)



2 comments:

  1. Unlce Kim - Love going on the adventures with you through your pictures! --Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. No explanation to offer for the plaque. The sculpture is very interesting. You are finding great local places with character. I will send photos today. Love - Patty

    ReplyDelete