Friday, September 2, 2022

Custom Popotillo (Straw Marquetry) - MyShadowProductions # 105

Happy September everyone!!

I doubt anyone has been sitting on the edge of their seat waiting to find out which photo I chose to have a Popotillo artwork made from. Either way, the Popotillo has been delivered and here is my photo and the Popotillo:




I like it but can’t help having a few thoughts:

Looks like the artist “jazzed” it up with some interesting colors, like the sand, the sky and the water.
MyShadow is displayed well and the sailboat is detailed nicely (wonder if the artist thinks that is MyBoat?? :)

I copied the photo in my iPhotos and “edited it, very roughly” to see what it might look like with a blue sky:

Here is that photo:


I guess if I ever decide I want the Popotillo changed a little, I could ship it back or use that as an excuse to visit Mexico again :)

One other option would be to somehow “paint” over the sky and hope the work wasn’t destroyed :)

For the time being I am going to live with it for a while and just enjoy the artistic work involved in making it as well as the “jazzed” up memories it brings to mind.

Most likely my next post will be in a few weeks from places where I will be hearing words like:

Goedmorgen (Good Morning)
Hoi/Hallo/Daag/Doei (Hi/Bye)
Hoe gaat het? (How are you?)
Dank je wel. (Thank you)
Woensdag (Wednesday)
Een (one)

and then after a few days and a 7 hour train ride:

Wasser (Water)
Guten Tag (Good Day)
Bitte (Please)
Hauptbahnhof (Main Train Station)
Superwetter (Great Weather)
Hund (Dog)
Ja (Yes)

Most likely English will be understood as well, so if I get lost, it’s probably because I wanted to :)

Have a great Labor Day weekend !! 

No comments:

Post a Comment