Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Savannah, Georgia - MyShadowProductions # 97

Hey, y’all !!

As I mentioned in my last post, I am visiting a small portion of The Low Country in Georgia and South Carolina. It is also known as The Lowcountry and the low country.

This post is about Savannah, Georgia. I flew United, direct from Denver to Savannah airport, about a 4 hour flight.

Savannah is the oldest city in Georgia and is one of the first “Planned Cities” in the USA. The Savannah River is very prominent in the north part of town with a very active riverfront with a great walkway, restaurants, shops, old-repurposed buildings, riverboats, ice cream and much, much more. The River also has some very important influences on US history.

The historic section of Downtown Savannah is great for walking, (and great Trolley Bus Tours) with architecture, charm and the many “Squares” (over 20 of them) laid out about every 3 blocks or so. Each “Square” tends to have its own theme and interests. Click here for a great summary of all the Squares and see map below:


The Forest Gump scene with him on a bench was in Chippewa Square.

I created a movie/video from my photos and due to its size and length I uploaded it to Vimeo so I could attach it in this blog post.

To view the movie/video Click Here (I am hearing that this link is not working on phones?? Please try on an iPad or laptop?? Please let me know what you find working or not working!) ( It should work now, I reset to “Public” in settings :) I apologize for the 7 minute length, but I just didn’t know which photos to skip :)

I will have a few more blogs soon about Hilton Head Island, SC, Palmetto Bluff, SC and Tybee Island, GA. Here are a few photos to get a little hint:









  • "Y’all come back now, y’hear?"

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting! Simply wonderful!!
    I’m glad you didn’t leave out any of the photos. It worked on my iPhone and now I’m going to watch it on laptop.

    ReplyDelete