Monday, February 14, 2022

MyShadowProductions #85 - Puerto Vallarta Monday 14 Feb 2022

Happy Valentine’s Day !


The plan today is to walk the Malecòn (Puerto Vallarta’s Boardwalk) from the North end to the South end (over 1 mile in length) and take photos of the many statues spread along the route. For a point of reference, when the ocean is on the left side of a photo then I am looking North and when the ocean is on the right side then I am looking South.

Below is a general view of the path and Click Here for a complete listing of all the statues. After opening the link you can click on any of the square icons and get a link that you can click on for a description of the particular statue. If you want, you can check to see what statues I missed on the adventure :)


Here are a few movie/videos created from my photos:


The next two videos are short because they are created with iPhotos “For You” tool and Blogger doesn’t load them if they are over 17? photos:


The South end of the Malecòn has been there the longest and actually has some “Board Walk” :)

Best sales pitch of the day  shouted by a greeter outside a restaurant/bar on the Malecòn, “Cerveza por La Cabeza”, Beer for the Head :) Or this ??

Heck of a slip and slide (see photo below). I didn’t see any signs saying when they turned on the water?? Maybe that is Mother Nature’s job?


While walking the Malecòn, I was fortunate to see Artista: Arturo Hernández Morales and his Arte en Popote. This is the same as Popotillo that I talked about in my previous post. I bought a small piece of his art and he also gave me a little of the special “straw” and some beeswax for repairing a section of the Popotillo I have at home:



Can you see what Statue is in this Popotillo ??

The guy in the photo below has a sign that asks for a donation to take photos. Two years ago when I was in Puerto Vallarta I took a photo before seeing the sign. The artist called me out and I left without donating (I didn’t have any pesos) but today I made amends for that and donated double, much to the liking of the artist:

There is another area of the beach where it looks like people have made their own stone “statues”:


A few random photos:




                                Grilled Fish Tacos :)



                Wonder what mañana will offer ??

1 comment:

  1. Looks a little more modern than other Mexican cities. Sculptures were delightful. Have fun when you get home repairing your straw artwork. 🌺🥀🌸

    ReplyDelete