Tuesday, December 14, 2021

MyShadowProductions #78 - Honduras/Roatan Days 2 & 3

Hello again (speaking English like some locals do here in Roatan)

Here is a movie/video from my photos at the Carambola Botanic Gardens:

Monday, while walking along a small section of the beach, I saw this sign:

I thought, is that a noun or a verb? Or both? So, I “geletoed” a double scoop gelato (pineapple and passion fruit), very tasty and festive with the Christmas decoration.



I am thinking about going back and help Rudolph out of that glass jar :)

Also on Monday, I decided to take advantage of the free kayak offered as part of the hotel rate. It was fun and quite easy to paddle around and explore. Easy until I decided to get my camera and try to take photos :) I survived and the camera stayed dry as I kayaked among what I will call “head knocker rocks” along the shore of Half Moon Bay.

Here are a few photos of the kayaking:




Very clear water, everywhere, I could see well over 20 feet plus.



There is a reef across the tips of the bay and you can see the waves breaking there.


I have walked past Eddy’s on the Beach several times and the colors just stand out to me.


I decided to watch the Monday night sunset there and also had a great meal. Three lobster tails, rice and beans and grilled vegetables with bottomless lemonade. The cost for dinner was 500 lempiras or about $21 :))

The green dot is not a UFO. I think it is my camera saying not enough light?





Eddy’s on the beach is a great place! And the owner, Eddy, a Roatan local, was very welcoming and fun to talk with. His English was better than mine.

Here are a few random photos:


A Christmas tree of empty wine bottles. My entrepreneur idea for you wine lovers is: Make a tree frame of 365 prongs and after a bottle a day for a year you will have a Vino Christmas Tree. Adding lights would be a good idea. Also an option would be 52 prongs for 52 weeks. I guess green/clear sparkling water bottles would work as well?

A LuckyDog in Roatan
Salvadoran Puposas are good, made with corn meal.

My coconut guy. After you drink the coconut water he will cut the coconut open and spoon out the pulp for you to eat.




Pretty good trim job around the tree trunk.



The sunset really did have those rays of orange shooting up. The photo is from my table at the Argentinian Grill Restaurant.

Love the plants growing in the gutter :)

MyShadow, Peace or 2 days left? Or both?

Todo Bien! (All Good!)
(Chose a wine color to go with the VinoBottleChristmasTree idea)

1 comment:

  1. You have found a beautiful little spot on the planet!! Amazing pics I’ll definitely look at these again. Looks like a friendly kind of place- how do the natives support themselves???
    💕💕🙏🏻🎄

    ReplyDelete