Sunday, December 12, 2021

MyShadowProductions #77 - Honduras/Roatan

Buenos dias!

Made it to Roatan :) It was about 2 hours by taxi from Loma de Luz to La Ceiba Airport and then just a 20 minute flight from La Ceiba to Roatan. Then a 20 minute drive in a shuttle to the Posada (hotel) Arcoiris (Rainbow) in West End. 

Here is a quick movie/video (still a problem with the Google photos tool cutting off part of my landscape photos :( ) 


Here are a couple of photos of sunset at West Bay:



Roatan is an island that uses English because it was established by the British, but a lot of Spanish is spoken as well. I find myself being tongue tied on which language to use :) For money the same goes, they use the US dollar more than Lempiras. Trying to use a 500 Lempira paper bill ($20 USA) has been a challenge, most say they do not have change.

Today is Sunday and I took a taxi to the Carambola Botanical Gardens, near Sandy Bay. I thought I saw online that it was open but I must have been dreaming. Luckily the taxi driver honked at a guy that appeared to live onsite?? He lowered a board that said “closed” and after I paid him the $10 entry fee he said “go in”.

I had the place to myself and followed basically the “Mountain Trail” and walked through jungle very similar to my hike in Loma de Luz (up the river to the water tanks). 

I will have a movie/video of that hike later but here is the reward at the top of the 30 minute hike:


Dinner last night (I know you are wondering) was a full fish and vegetables both cooked on a wood fire grill and fresh salad with a Limonada (lemonade) to drink :)


What do you think this means?


Hasta Luego :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a pretty little island! You are getting some good food! Where will you go from here?💕💕🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete