Wednesday, December 8, 2021

MyShadowProductions #75 - Honduras/Loma de Luz Days 34 - 37

 Hola amigos!

It rained all day Saturday except for just a few breaks for a couple of very short walks. Good day to do laundry, watch it dry on the hangers and clean my room.

Sunday was a different story weather wise so I decided to hike to Balfate again. This time I hiked along the beach on the way there and along the road on the way back

The beach didn’t disappoint with different views and a little “wilder” feel. In the movie/video below you will see some locals in the water. They seemed to be stirring up the sand and then swirling the water in the large flat bowls. I am thinking panning for gold of some sort ?? The rivers/streams that empty into the water there come from the mountain I wrote about in Post #67.

The stone wall and steps in the movie/video stretched a good distance and it would be interesting to know the history of the property there.

One section of the beach was cleaned by someone with a rake, the rake marks were still visible.



This week so far has been busy with miscellaneous tasks like replacing screens on heavy wooden storm doors, cover plates on electrical boxes in the new electrical/generator building, fixing an air conditioner drain line in a surgery room and other top secret jobs :)

The surgery room was recently expanded and has 8 large windows with an amazing view of the Caribbean in the far background. Here is a photo and you will have to take my word for it that the ocean is in view:


One of the secret tasks was replacing a board on the suspension walk bridge, not like a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame but kind of, right ??


It got pretty windy late in the afternoon so I headed to the beach after work in the hopes of seeing some bigger waves. The waves were bigger and white caps far out from shore. I couldn’t resist and went for a swim and playing in the waves. Ended up with two pockets full of sand from being pushed around by the waves. It turned out to be another lucky day, rain was moving in and I saw another rainbow:





Almost forgot, but up the road from my room there is a point that has an alternate view of the sunset. Here is a photo the night I climbed the trail there (the beach sunset is still number 1 with me):


One last note, I am making a change to my itinerary and will be leaving Loma de Luz this Saturday, December 11. I am going to the La Ceiba Airport early Saturday morning and taking a short flight to the island of Roatan. I will stay and explore there until December 15 when I will fly to San Pedro Sula, get my COVID test and fly to Houston and then Denver.

The island will undoubtedly be very bland and boring but I am hopeful that I will have a few good photos and things to share :)

Adios for now!

1 comment:

  1. photos were awesome as usual- gorgeous rainbows!!
    where has the time gone-can't believe it is time for you to go already.
    try to keep us updated as to your whereabouts

    ReplyDelete