Saturday, December 4, 2021

MyShadowProductions #74 - Honduras/Loma de Luz Days 29 - 33

Buenos dias!

Loma de Luz has several acres of African Palm trees that they grow for harvesting the fruit and selling to producers of palm oil. The African Palm fincas (farms), much larger in other areas of Honduras, are/can be somewhat of a contentious issue based on the view and situation of the individuals involved. I have no business having an opinion on that :)

I find the Fincas/Palmeras very interesting and beautiful though. It is really cool to see the ferns growing where the lower dead palm branches have been removed. 

MyShadow in the movie/video below is looking at the very bright orange/yellow color on a dead palm branch, a really cool and unexpected color to see.

Also in the movie/video you can see the harvested palm fruits stacked on a platform waiting to be loaded on a truck.

Here is a movie/video created from my photos in the Fincas:


Each morning before work starts, the workers gather on benches and read from a daily devotions book and a few guys share a “commentario” if they feel the urge.
It is usually a group of 10 to 25 guys, ranging in age from 15 to 60+.
During Friday’s devotion there was an Arcoiris (rainbow) to the west, I couldn’t resist taking a photo:


The 2 boys in the red and blue shirts are 15 year old twins and I think that is their father in the yellow jacket. I have seen guys wearing t-shirts that say things like: Stanford Lacrosse, Denver Broncos logo, Michigan State, Breckenridge, Puma, Adidas, Nike, Black garbage bag raincoats, etc.

Mario and I finished the 2 work tables and I made 4 stools for the niños at the El Camino Bilingual School:





Most likely, I will get to paint the stools on Monday :)

It is a rainy day here, I used some of that time to sand a bunch of small pieces of cut wood that I salvaged at the shop while making the tables and stools. I hope to give them to the school and hopefully the niños can have fun painting and learning with the blocks:


I continue to enjoy the ever changing view at the beach. The mountain to the West at the beach seems to attract clouds :)


And the Caribbean has its own relationship with the clouds and the hunting pelicans, amazing:


Feliz Deciembre (Happy December) !

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the palm trees w ferns are beautiful! Enjoyed the rainbow- great photo. Always like the pics of the Caribbean- nice waves. 🥰🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete