Thursday, November 4, 2021

MyShadowProductions #62 - Honduras/Loma de Luz Day 2

 Hola again! (I hope you view these posts on a Laptop or IPad, amazing difference from a phone, in my opinion)

Forgot to mention that on the drive here on Monday, we passed several large Chiquita Banana Farms and also several large Dole Pineapple Farms along CA 13.

Haven’t heard as many birds as I had expected. Have heard some Howler Monkeys but have not seen any yet.

Here are some additional photos of the “Guest House” where I am staying:






This photo is the Honduran currency, Lempiras. 1 US dollar equals 24 Lempira.
I didn’t have a 100 Lempira.

Food at the Hospital cafeteria isn’t real cheap but I think it is reasonable.
The photo below was 199 Lempira, about $8 US. 1 dark and 1 white piece of chicken, rice, little salad, tortillas, 2 cartons of Jugo Naranja (orange juice) and some vanilla ice cream :) The instant coffee in the background I brought with me. The eggs I bought on the drive here and do not need refrigerated.


Not sure if internet here will handle movie/videos but I am going to try, look for the
 “Leaf Cutter Ants” and their “Highway”:



Walking back to my room for lunch break I was lucky enough to see this couple leaving the hospital with their new baby. The pink sign he is holding said “Emily”.


More tomorrow if you are interested :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice place. Good that you can buy meals and not have to cook all the time. Enjoy getting the pictures and your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always nice to see all the photos and see where you are. It does look like a nice place. Even when I don’t comment I love to see them. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete