Tuesday, November 2, 2021

MyShadowProductions #60 - Honduras/Loma de Luz Travel Day

Hola Amigos!

Well , October 31 I flew from Denver to Houston and spent the night in a hotel close to the airport.

On Monday, November 01 I flew from Houston to San Pedro Sula Airport in Honduras, arriving around 11:45 am.

After going through Immigration, getting my checked bags and going through customs, I met the driver that the coordinator at Loma de Luz had scheduled.

Like the coordinator said, “he will be outside the door at the airport with my name on a card, just like in the movies”. Sure enough, Sergio was there and anxious to get me in the van and on the way. My hands were full with luggage so I wasn’t able to get the photo I envisioned of him holding the sign. Maybe some other time?

I think for this post I am just going to download photos and describe them.

Houston Airport 

View from plane, I asked a guy by the window to take it. I thought it was Honduras coast but I think it is Gulf Coast of Mexico around Merida??

First view of Honduras from window after getting off plane.

Baggage Claim at San Pedro Sula Airport 

The photos below are from the van as we headed easterly on Central America Highway 13, CA 13, From San Pedro Sula airport to La Ceiba, where I would meet a couple from Loma de Luz for the rest of the ride.

On the road just outside Airport

 
Rio Ulua (Ulua River)

Street in El Progresso

Outside El Progresso on CA 13


Near Guaymitas, Honduras

Near El Aguacate, Honduras 

Outside San Francisco de Saco Arizona


Outside Arizona, Honduras

On the Highway before La Ceiba, Honduras

Rio Cuervo at La Masica, Honduras

Blurry photo of fruit stand in Santa Ana, Honduras


Near El Pino, Honduras

Just outside of La Ceiba, Honduras

Screenshot of a feature in Google Photos that shows a map with where the photos were taken.

I didn’t take any photos from La Ceiba to Loma de Luz because it was getting dark (real dark) and there was quite a bit of discussion about what I might expect at Loma de Luz.

I feel a little unsettled, I think because of the early nightfall and adjusting to everything new so I will give a few tease photos for the next post:





More to come, please stay tuned :)





3 comments:

  1. Excellent 💕💕🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just awesome! The air must be exquisite to breathe w all that greenery- as long as you can tolerate the humidity. Thx for blog, Kim 💕🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
  3. I share the blow with the others. Looks nice over there. We missed you this week at the food bank. Be safe my friend 👊🏽

    ReplyDelete