Wednesday, February 17, 2021

MyShadowProductions #30 - “Sanity Walk” to Denver Botanic Gardens

Hello everyone!

After several days of very cold temperatures and a little snow, the weather was great on Tuesday for a “Sanity Walk” to the Denver Botanic Gardens.

My main goal was to visit the newly completed Freyer-Newman Center and the Art exhibits by three artists. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, only the three art galleries were open at the Center. The new building has an auditorium, classrooms, staff offices, library and many other research stations.

This is a short movie/video of the Center:


The first gallery displayed the art of Tony Ortega:





For additional information about Tony Ortega from the DBG website, including a Vimeo interview, Click Here.

This is my movie/video of his art from my photos:


The second gallery presented the art of Jody Guralnick:




For additional information about Jody Guralnick from the DBG website, including a Vimeo interview, Click Here.

These are a few close ups of her art:




This is my movie/video of her art from my photos:


The third gallery hosted the photo art of Fares Micue:



For additional information about Fares Micue from the DBG website, Click Here.

This is my movie/video of her art from my photos:


Also, MyShadow and I took a brief walk through the Gardens to see the colors of winter and views, unobstructed by leaves on the trees, here is my movie/video:


I was a little surprised to see the Bee Hive Bistro open but I took advantage of that too and ordered a little guilty pleasure, the BLT sandwich with kettle chips. Hindsight tells me I should have removed the top slice of bread, for a better visual, before taking the photo below :)


I like this sandwich because they use Arugula, an Herb, in place of Lettuce. Perhaps a Botanic Garden should be aware of the difference and label the sandwich a BAT or BHT?? :))

I am trying to decide if I could choose a favorite artist or art piece from today so I picked a “favorite” from each artist:




Have a great rest of your week!!




1 comment: