Friday, March 8, 2024

Ixtapa and Isla Ixtapa - MyShadowProductions #165

Hola Amigos !!

I am back in Aurora. Travel day was Thursday, March 7. I took a 1.5 hour flight from Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo International Airport to MEX on Aeromexico, transferred from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1 via the Aerotrén (required asking for directions several times but people were very willing to help) and then a 4 hour flight on United back to Chicago. At ORD there is a very long walk to Immigration and Customs, good exercise after sitting for 4 hours :) The weather was different, sunny and 80’s in Zihua to Cloudy and 40’s in Chicago, whine, whine, whine :)

A few quick notes about Zihuatanejo; it is derived from Nahuatl word “Zihuatlan” which means “land of women” and Zihuatanejo is “the paradise that Andy dreamt of and finally escaped to in The Shawshank Redemption” movie.

On the flight from Zihua to MEX I was able to take this photo (across the aisle) of the active Popocatepetl Volcano:

During my last several days in Zihua, I went to Ixtapa and Isla Ixtapa several times. I don’t know if this is noteworthy or not but I learned who Carlos Slim Helu is and saw his yacht in the waters between Ixtapa and Isla Ixtapa:

Ixtapa is a planned resort area with many condominiums and high end resorts, a marina and golf courses.







Isla Ixtapa is a very cool island with three different beaches, some hiking trails, some wildlife, coral, cacti, clear warm waters, beach restaurants, etc. The boat ride round trip is 80 pesos per person, approximately $5 US.










Click Here for a Video created from my photos. Warning - there are a lot of rocks and water and views that I just couldn’t pass up :)

I wish I had known this earlier in my Zihua visit but there are some “Men’s League?” Basketball games under the Lights at least two nights of the week. CLICK HERE for a Video of some of the action. The Blue Team eventually won on a last second shot!

I think that is enough for now, I am still sorting through some random photos and thoughts for sharing in a different Post. 

Enjoy your Weekend !!


 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures and videos, love the water and rocks, great layered colors of blue especially in the one video picture!! Wonder how it was to play BB on that colorful floor?! LeeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv the rocks water too! You got some great color in your photos- blue torques green and natural grays and brown in the rocks- should be framed.
    Also great photo of man and woman in longe chairs getting a perfect tan - I’m still laughing…..💕💕🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful ❤️

    ReplyDelete