Tuesday, January 16, 2024

WINTER is Here - MyShadowProductions #156

Hello again !!

Winter has arrived here in Aurora, IL as it most likely has in your “neck of the woods”.

Last week brought clouds, snow, rain, cold and wind and this week will be COLD with some sun and wind and blowing snow.

I think the water equivalent prediction was correct but the snow accumulation was more like 6 to 8 inches

Screenshot from Today/Tuesday Forecast

Sometimes my plans for a “day trip” work out and sometimes they don’t.

Friday was a don’t day :) As forecasted, it snowed heavy Thursday night and early Friday morning and my plan was to go to Morton Arboretum to see and take photos of the snowy wonderland. 

From my apartment I walked (15 minutes) in the snow to the Aurora Transit Center and took the 9:04 am train to the Lisle Stop, took an Uber to the Arboretum and upon arriving at the main entrance found out that it was closed. I checked their website on my phone (note to self, do this before making plans next time :) and the opening was delayed until Noon due to the “weather”.

I rerouted the Uber back to the Lisle Stop and instead of returning to Aurora or waiting until noon, I boarded the next train and went to Chicago Union Station. I walked out on Jackson Blvd and it was raining with the infamous “Windy City” wind in full gear. I saw on Google Maps that there was a “famous” diner a couple blocks away so I headed there. 




I was not in the mood for breakfast, and for some reason, Chicago style hot dogs and Italian beef were not on the menu, so I ordered a Hamburger with Fries. It was tasty but not worth “writing home, or in a blog, about :)”

Nevertheless I returned to Union Station and caught the next train back, deciding to bypass the Arboretum because the day was just wet and grey and not working out and returned to Aurora. Hence the “don’t day” tag :)

CLICK HERE for a not so interesting video :) The photos make it pretty clear about when I gave up on the day, right? :)

Alas, I have some “Street Art” (remember, I use that term very lightly) photos that I have been accumulating since mid-October through last week.

Click Here for the Video created from my “Street Art” photos.

While making the video I noticed this photo I took in Aurora:

I remember thinking back to a similar photo I took in Denver at Washington Park:

Almost exactly 3 years apart, each a random painting in a public park displayed/left by someone? for MyShadow to see and photograph :)

With the snow cover and very cold temperatures, I have some new friends that seem to like the ledge outside my windows:


While dealing with the weather, it is a good time to try and work on new houseplant starts :) 


I have taken several Sanity Walks to experience the FRESH AIR and see what the Fox River is doing in the COLD. Here are some photos; MyShadow even made an appearance or two if you can spot him :)
















Interesting to watch how the ice does/doesn’t form as the very cold temperatures continue.

It has been nice to see the sun and blue skies :)

I hope you are enjoying your winter and all the “gifts” it brings :)

I will end this Post with one piece of “Street Art” that I passed today.


To repeat a much heard phrase:

Stay Warm !! 


No comments:

Post a Comment