Sunday, February 6, 2022

MyShadowProductions #83 - Straw Marquetry/ Popotillo

 Happy February everyone!

For anyone that has ventured to read the “my complete profile” part of my blog site, you may have noted that under “Interests” I listed Straw Marquetry/Popotillo.

My interest began when I purchased the piece of art in the following photo at a “French Flea Market” at The Widow at Windsor Antiques in Springfield, IL in the summer of 2016. The actual size is 5 x 7 inches. +/- $5 ??

Today when I googled Mexico Straw Marquetry Popotillo, a link to an old Journo Post of mine came up. Click here to see it. 

I communicated with an artist in Mexico and asked him if he could do a Popotillo of the following photo that I took at the Denver Botanic Gardens:

After a few messages back and forth on WhatsApp I gave him the go ahead to do an 8 x 10 inch Popotillo :) In a few weeks he was finished and he messaged me the final cost with a shipping receipt and I sent him the payment via Western Union. In less than a week I received the Popotillo via DHL delivery.

Here is the Popotillo:


Pretty amazing was my first thought, second thought was it would be cool to have the talent and resources to create a Popotillo.

Lately I have been thinking about trying to get another Popotillo from one or more of my photos. As you can guess there are a lot to choose from :) I am leaning toward choosing from the Honduras Trip photos. Maybe one of the following?










At the same Flea Market I also purchased this Japanese Silk Embroidered Landscape, actual size 5 x 8 inches +/- $5 ? Similar idea just a different method?


Also, I have this Wood Veneer Marquetry that I purchased in San Gimignano, Italy, actual size 6 x 8 inches:


By the way, the next Post you read will be from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico :)

Leaving February 13 and returning February 24. 

Buenos Dias!


No comments:

Post a Comment