Saturday, November 6, 2021

MyShadowProductions #64 - Honduras/Loma de Luz Day 5

Lluvia, lluvia, lluvia! (Rain, rain, rain!)

Well, it was a steady rain all night, a few breaks in the morning and now very steady rain in the afternoon. Word is that it is the Rainy Season and the water is very welcome by all :)

I didn’t let the rain stop me from my laundry and a walk to the Caribbean.


First, the laundry because I know everyone has been on the edge of their seat waiting to see how it turned out. This photo shows the Controls on the Washing Machine:

I made it through that test and the clothes actually washed, but it takes over an hour to go through the cycles. Not sure why, but the jeans I washed must have had some weak fabric on the rear. They came out of washer with a few big holes. Glad I brought more than one pair of jeans :)

Luckily there was someone from housekeeping cleaning all of the Guest House common areas and I was able to ask her for hangers (I drew a picture on chalk board) and yes, she found additional, as she called them ganchos (slang? also perchas?) (hangers), I said gracias and she said de nada (you’re welcome).

My dryer amounts to a fan blowing on the clothes on hangers. They might be dry before my 6 weeks is over??

So grateful for the ability to take a Sanity Walk to the Caribbean. I even used an umbrella for maybe the third or fourth time in my life??

The directions I received from the Volunteer Coordinator worked perfectly and it was so cool (cool cool not temperature cool, lol) even with the rain.

Here are a few of the photos at the beach:




Definitely no MyShadow today (any new viewers can click here to learn the history of MyShadow) and no LuckyDogs (remember them back in Posts 6 and 16) but there were a few HolyCows:


Here are a few movie/videos (In the Google movie/video, the longer one, there is still a problem with my landscape photos being cut off a little in the video):




It has taken a while for the photos to update and then to create the movie/videos all while listening to the lluvia, yes it is dark now and still the lluvia :)

I have a couple of sentimental thoughts to share:
1. Whenever I am lucky enough to visit an area with an ocean/sea I think of what it must have been like for Nonno to make two round trips by boat from Italy to USA and Nonni one trip. Not just the trip (2 months? on a boat with many other people in the early 1900’s) but the faith and dreams and decisions it took for the journey to become reality!

2. As I said in the previous post, I have been working with lumber the past couple of days. Working with lumber (sawing and hammering) I always think of Dad teaching me with sayings like:
“Hit the nail, keep your eye on the nail!”
When I was having trouble with the nail - “Get mad at it!”
“Use the whole saw!”
AND “The trim will cover it!”

Time to warm up some food for cena (dinner) and think about plans for mañana (tomorrow). Gracias!

1 comment:

  1. Try Gentle,slow, cold. This is what I had to do when my washing machine was chewing up my clothes.
    The Carribian is awesome- water is so clear.
    Yes, I remember dad saying some of those quotes.
    Great post😍

    ReplyDelete