Thursday, July 29, 2021

MyShadowProductions #54 - Day Trip #13 - Sanitas Valley Trail - Boulder

Hello again.

This trip was a spur of the moment decision and Google maps helped me spot a hike very near Boulder that looked interesting.

The name alone was a little interesting, I was thinking what if “sanitas” meant “sanity” in Spanish, wouldn’t that be a cool place for a Sanity Walk? But, it doesn’t, it means Health so I did a Sanity Walk on Health Valley Trail :)

It was a very hot day and it would have been better if I would have started earlier, but I didn’t.

Left Denver around 10:30 am on the Flatiron Flyer (FF1) bus from Union Station. Arrived at Downtown Boulder Station around 11:30 am and walked to the Sanitas Valley Trailhead.

I hiked the Sanitas Valley Trail and the East Ridge Trail, noon to about 2:30 pm.

The Valley Trail is a nice and wide gravel trail ( I think it would be beautiful during or after a snow, and walkable). The East Ridge Trail is fairly steep and very rocky. I felt it was hard to distinguish the trail in some spots and that is the reason I did not reach the summit of Mount Sanitas (I was pretty worn out too). :)

Here is a little history of the area:

These are my movie/videos from my photos:

(The music in the first one is called “Hot Heat”, sounded appropriate, looked for “Cold Heat” just to be contrary but didn’t see a song like that :))



Any geologists out there, has to be at least one? :) I am curious about the rock type below. There are a lot of similar sized holes on the surface? Bonus points for any information.


Saw this guy, in the photo below, as I was walking back to my apartment down the 16th Street Mall. Looks like he had a very hard day (hope it’s not his last day) and that wheelbarrow looked so inviting for a siesta:


Glad he didn’t wake up while I was taking the photo!

                Well, until next time, have a great adventure!

4 comments:

  1. One of my meditations uses the word Sanitas to mean slowing your mind and body to a Stop. Then you can find stillness in the Present Moment. Do yogic Breathing and you will feel great joy🙏🏻
    Obviously, I liked this hike🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn.
      I liked the hike too and that is a cool connection with the word Sanitas :)

      Delete
  2. Great photos as usual! I am curious—do you ever see anyone else on the trails when hiking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lee Ann.
      Sometimes there are a few hikers and other times a lot. I tend to distance myself, especially when taking photos :)

      Delete