Hola amigos (just practicing) !!
I hope September is agreeing with everyone? You know, cooler mornings and evenings, some Sun, some Clouds, some Rain, some Fog, all those things we have experienced before but the variety never stops, mother nature is hard to keep up with.
I have a question (as “they” say, there are no dumb questions:). In the “beginning” was everything (whatever everything was :) monochromatic (basically black and white), and was color created as an afterthought? Remember, flowers have only been around for the last three hundred thousand years or so (instead of millions). That seems like an afterthought by Mother Nature or just a very delayed part of the “original plan”, kind of like humans, :), we all learn to live with our decisions, Mother Nature included, lol.
I bring this up as an introduction to my latest use of the “filters” option when editing my iPhotos, the “Mono” filter. Here is an example:
![]() |
| Mono Filter applied Original |
CLICK HERE for my “Monochromatic or With Color” video created from my photos/short videos. (The “static” you may hear is part of the “music”)
For an overdue change of pace I want to share some photos from Stolp Island here in Aurora, IL since I usually focus on Garfield Park Conservatory and the Chicago area and places I sometimes travel to.
Click Here for my Video - Random Photos September 2026 - Stolp Island, Aurora, IL.
Now, I think this may qualify as a “fun fact”?? In early Spring at Garfield Park Conservatory some of the glass roofs and windows are “sprayed” with a white mixture to filter some of the sun’s rays to prevent overheating the interior spaces and plants. The mixture slowly fades over the summer and begins to allow more light and warmth for fall and winter.
Here are some photos of some of the structures, the spraying equipment and empty buckets of the mixture:
![]() |
| The Desert House horticulturalist is named Ray, I imagine he might have a few of these buckets hidden away :) |








No comments:
Post a Comment