Saturday, July 25, 2026

YouTube Screenshots Video - Ontario Street - Smoky Scenes - MyShadowProductions #228

Hi Everybody !!

In case you’re wondering (lol), I do not have any July 4th fireworks pictures or videos (except 2 pictures of pictures of past Navy Pier and Chicago River fireworks), this year rain delayed the local fireworks show for a week and I wasn’t around for the rescheduled date. But, you know what? The sun continues to rise and set on schedule so there’s probably/hopefully a “next time”.


I do have a photo from a fountain in the Palm House at Garfield Park Conservatory (GPC) to help honor/celebrate our country’s 250th year of independence.

Made with pennies 

Now, I want to share another YouTube Screenshots Video that I made from a YouTube channel that I like to watch. The Video is called “Walking An Alien World” by Milosh Kitchovich, Amazing Places on Our Planet.




Do you know where the “alien world” is? Take a guess when watching the Video (no cheating by googling one of the pictures:) and I will put the answer at the very end of this Post. *

CLICK HERE for MyShadow’s Screenshots Video.

If you want to see the original full video by Milosh, here’s the Link.

Chicago is not an “alien world” (I know that’s debatable :) but for me there are a lot of new sights, all I need to do is ride the Metra from Aurora to Union Station and then start walking. I have some pretty familiar “routes” for volunteering at GPC, shortest path to the Lake, Ogilvie Transportation Center (OTC) for more trains going north, Luke’s on Jackson, Arturo Express on Canal, to the “RiverWalk”, etc.

For variety and new sights all I need to do is take a different street and sometimes just walk on the opposite side/direction of a familiar street and things are “new”. 

On Sunday, June 28 I chose to walk north from Union Station, a quick stop in OTC and then north to Ontario St then east to the Lake. Ontario St cuts through the River North area and along with a few of its side streets offered some interesting “Chicago things”.




Centennial Fountain

Click Here for my Video created from my pictures that day.

More recently there have been a few days where the air quality and visibility have been affected by smoke from Canadian wildfires. It wasn’t necessarily that exciting but it did offer an opportunity for pictures in a “different light”. My advice, usually ignored :), was “just don’t inhale”!




This Video from my photos will hopefully give you a little idea of some smoky times in the Aurora and Chicago area. It includes Aurora and the Fox River, Chicago’s Millennium Park, the Bean, Maggie Daley Park, Monroe Harbor, Buckingham Fountain, Printer’s Row, a chicago dog and milkshake break, etc. 

I have more, but I will ramble about them in the next MyShadow Post, fair warning :), Summer is Shimmering, Bonsais too, GPC has FLOWERS, the Canal St demolition project is moving along and …………….

CIAO FOR NOW !!


* The locations of the Screenshots Video are The Bisti Wilderness Area, Ah-Shi-Sle-Pah Wilderness Area (Valley of Dreams and King of Winds) and The De-Na-Zin Wilderness Area, all in New Mexico, USA.


No comments:

Post a Comment