Tuesday, July 16, 2024

GRANT PARK (a little bit), Chicago’s Public Art (a few) & FIREWORKS - MyShadowProductions #177

Hello again, middle of July already :)

On Sunday, June 30, 2024 I went to Chicago to find some Public Art that is spread around the City and to see Grant Park.

I found a few listings of Public Art installations around Chicago on the internet and I am using them as a type of photo scavenger hunt. I am not quite sure how I want to show them (in a group) but, in the meantime, I will include them individually in my blog posts as I “find” them :)

Here are a few examples:



Grant Park was in the process of being turned into a NASCAR road course for the Grant Park 165 NASCAR Race on July 7, 2024. In hindsight I should have taken more photos of the transformation but I focused on the remaining areas of the Park.

Click this Link to watch a Video created from my photos.

Then, on Wednesday night July 3rd, Aurora had its Fourth of July Fireworks show along the banks of the Fox River. I adjusted my bedtime for that night :) and was able to get a good vantage point for my Video of the Show. When I looked at my photos and videos later, my first thought was it looked like I was in a jungle :)

Here are some still photos from the jungle:









If you like, you have 2 options below for a video of the Fireworks Show:

Click Here for the Short Version.

CLICK HERE for the Long Version.

By the way, no mosquito bites or poison ivy :)

Let’s Keep Enjoying Summer !!

4 comments:

  1. Loved the long fireworks video. I didn't get to see them live this year, so this was amazing! Thank you! Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fireworks were awesome, that was a great finale. Love the reflection in the water—2 for 1. LeeAnn

    ReplyDelete