Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Moving to the “City of Lights” - MyShadowProductions #143

Well, the news is that I have moved. 

Where did I move to?

Not Paris, not Las Vegas but “Life” has landed me in Aurora, IL which is nicknamed “City of Lights”.

According to this Link there are many cities that share the phrase “(The) City of Light(s)”.

Aurora, IL’s usage comes from the fact that they were one of the first cities in the United States to have Electric Streetlights.

In preparing to leave Denver after 5 years, I have again learned things about myself and life.

This may not make sense but, as saying goodbye I have learned how welcomed I was but sometimes didn’t feel.

A very grateful shoutout to those who helped me stay sane, BJC, fellow volunteers at Denver Botanic Gardens and West High School Food Bank and friends at Happy Trudgers. Also, the workers at my three main places to contribute to Denver’s economy, Safeway Grocers, Target and Natural Grocers, the occasional treat at Milkbox Ice Creamery and the dependable RTD buses, light rail and Train to the Airport, DEN, sidewalks of Denver downtown, Capitol Hill and Uptown, trails in Golden and Boulder, rare ski day, fun golf, etc.








There are of course, things in Denver that I won’t miss and I will not give them space in this blog post.

Saying goodbyes in Denver verbally, mentally and visually is helping me realize how “guarded” I am in “Life”. Underlying and outward insecurities, generalizations, prejudices, thoughts, emotions, pride, fear, ego, etc. all play into who I am and where I am. Good? Bad? I don’t always know but it is definitely me. Another lesson to hear and “improve”.

Here is an interesting prayer from “Drop the Rock”, page 25:

God give me the courage and strength to know who I really am, to act accordingly in my life, and to refrain from diverting my time, energy and interest into my character defects.”

In Illinois (born and raised there, mainly Springfield) I am looking forward to sun, rain, thunderstorms, humidity, hot days and nights, cold days and nights, corn fields, soybean fields, green apples, wild raspberries, Chicago, etc. and that “one week” in the summer when “”everybody” has tomatoes to give away (surely on the top of God’s list of things to tweak?:)

Of course before leaving I took a long Sanity Walk through the Denver Botanic Gardens and the Mordecai Children’s Garden.

Also, just for me I guess, there was some “Botanical Humor” along the Mount Prospect Perennial Path.

Here are a few, there are more in the movie/video :)



ClLICK HERE for a movie/video created from my photos. Amazingly there always seems to be something new there, a different color, a different view, quite an amazing place!!

Here are a few initial photos in Aurora:






Have a Great Day !!!

4 comments:

  1. I’m going to miss trips around CO but there is a lot to see in Chicago ❣️🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be missed, Kim but I am grateful for this blog as a way to have a glimpse into your new life in Aurora, and your world travels. Take care, my friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you Dad! The botanical gardens sense of humor is awesome! Can’t wait to see Chicago from your lens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your personal insights are touching and meaningful. Keep publishing. Enjoy your new home and surroundings!

    ReplyDelete