Friday, January 20, 2023

More Antigua Guatemala - MyShadowProductions # 123

Buenos Dias/Tardes Amigos!!

I have been in Antigua Monday night, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and leaving Friday morning for Monterrico on the Pacific Coast. It will be a 2.5 hour ride in a shared shuttle van.

Antigua has many different cobblestone streets, churches, ruins (from past earthquakes), doors, windows, a main plaza/square, a few smaller parks, no traffic lights (that I saw), a few Stop (Alto) signs and many speed bumps. The traffic flow of cars, trucks, taxis, tuktuks, bicycles, motorbikes, etc is slow orderly and absent of horns.

The weather has been great, cool in the morning 55ish and highs in midafternoon 73ish, with mostly sunny to partly cloudy skies.

I checked off a few of the Photo Scavenger Hunt items in the following movie/videos; cat, marimba, multi colored (wooden :) bird?, rare (wooden) bird?, woman wearing a hat, woman wearing a hat and mask, calico cat?( might be just grey and white?), basketball hoop.

Click here for a movie/video created from my photos More Walking Antigua. Including (Hike to Cerro de La Cruz and Tropical Garden at my hotel Las Farolas)


CLICK HERE for a movie/video created from my photos Can’t Stop Walking Antigua.

8
Clique Aqui for a movie/video created from photos on a day trip to HobbiTenango. Inspired by Hobbits and Lord of the Rings, I don’t know either but I will take their word for it.

It was a reasonable way to get a 20 minute shuttle to the mountains from Antigua.

Tenango is used as a compound at the end of city names like we use …burg, …ville, …town. Cities in Guatemala like Quetzaltenango, Huehuetenango, Jacotenango, Volcan Acatenango, etc.

WiFi has been terrible this evening but I think I have finished for now. Need to get some rest, not really looking forward to the shared shuttle ride tomorrow, had to get that whine out :)

Hoping there will be a sunset or two at Monterrico :)

Have a great Day !!!

2 comments:

  1. In the second paragraph I made a correction. My Post said Street lights, I meant to say traffic lights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprised you saw a Domino’s and a child’s electric car! A lot of stone streets! Enjoying all the color. We need to think of more things for you to find!! LeeAnn

    ReplyDelete