Monday, January 30, 2023

Lake Atitlan Villages - Guatemala - MyShadowProductions # 127

Buenos Dias Amigos, because it is Monday, Jan 30 morning when I am writing this.

Well, the trip is almost half over or there is a little more than a half left to experience.

In the past few days I have been able to visit some additional villages around Lake Atitlan.

Each village has a different “feel” and/or vibe to offer. Panajachel is where my hotel is, Hospedaje el Viajero, and is a general “jumping off point” to visit around the Lake. 

San Marcos and Tzununa-think Hippies, San Juan-Artsy, San Pedro-backpacker party, Santa Catarina de Palopó-painted houses/buildings and weaving And possibly one of the best locations for a soccer field, and San Antonio de Palopó, ceramics and weaving. I realize as I write this that my photos may not display all those items, for me, I do not like to take photos of the display booths with no intention of buying.

Also, it is a mental battle to understand the large volume of handcrafted materials that are available and being displayed and sold? In all the villages. I just hope and pray it is life sustaining for those involved. Truly a lot of talent and variety.

In my movie/videos below, I have a photo of a woman weaving in Santa Catarina de Palopó. I asked her permission before taking the photo and she was proud to say yes. I donated some Quetzales for her willingness.


Click on the Titles below to see my movie/videos created from my photos:

San Marcos La Laguna and Tzununa 


Santa Catarina de Palopó 


San Antonio de Palopó 



Panajachel, Lake Atitlan 


There are a couple of small villages left to visit; San Lucas Toliman and Santa Cruz.

The weather continues to amaze. Lows in the low 50’s overnight, mostly sunny days with highs around 75. The wind picks up at various times adding some waves on the Lake or some noise at night with the trees.

Hope everyone is doing good!!!

1 comment:

  1. The lake seems to be very large, sunsets are amazing!! You’re right that would be a great place to play soccer! Wonder how many balls end up in the lake!?! Enjoy your weather there. Very cold here! LeeAnn

    ReplyDelete