Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Antigua to Lake Atitlan - Guatemala - MyShadowProductions # 125

Buenos Dias a Todos !!

Monday, Jan 23 I visited 2 different “Fincas” in Antigua.

Valhalla in San Miguel Dueñas is a macadamia farm with a restaurant and a spa. It has a very interesting story of its owners and how it has evolved. Please Google it.



Click here for a movie/video created from my photos at Valhalla.

In the afternoon I took a TukTuk ride to Jacotenango to visit Finca La Azotea, a coffee farm, Mayan music “museum”, equestrian area, restaurant, beer garden, just about everything :)




CLICK HERE for a movie/video created from my photos at La Azotea.


            A lot of days my choice would be a Multi-Colored Candle :)

Today, Tuesday Jan 24 was a travel day from Antigua to Panajachel on the shore of Lake Atitlan. About a 2.5 hour drive with an Uber type driver through the hills, countryside, mountains, curving up and down roads, villages and farms.

Here are some photos of my first day here at Lake Atitlan, an amazing story of its own that I will be learning more about.







Also, here is a photo of the Guatemalan currency that I haven’t shared yet:


The Lake looks very cool so far, many, many things to do here, just a matter of sorting them out and enjoy. I might even take a photo or two (thousand :) and there will most likely be a sunset each night. Not sure I want to get up early enough and walk in the dark to look for the sunrise, but never say never.

Adios for now :)


1 comment:

  1. Great pictures!! So nice to see all the plants and flowers! Nice pictures of calico cat, love the horses. So many interesting sites. Are those mountains or volcanoes in the back ground? Are there any active volcanoes? LeeAnn

    ReplyDelete