Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Playa El Tecolote - MyShadowProductions # 117

Buenos Dias!! Monday, November 28’s Afternoon adventure.

I found the “Playa Bus” at the La Paz Terminal Turistica. It wasn’t a “Hop on/Hop off” kind of bus that I imagined but it worked fine. The Playa Bus left at 2:00 pm and I could return at 4:50 or 6:50pm, I chose the 6:50 so I could see the sunset at 5:30 and be there when it was dark enough to see the Stars twinkle.

By the way, I chose the farthest beach, Playa El Tecolote, about a 30 minute ride.





Click Here for my movie/video of the bus ride and the beach and the sunset.

El Tecolote is a pretty cool beach with a lot of different things going on. Swimming, walking, fishing, camping, eating, boating, drinking, snorkeling, kayaks, shelling, ATV’ing, blogging (me :), little live Mexican (imagine that :) band, and many, many seagulls (should be PELICANS, see comment below) feasting on the thousands of little fish. The seagulls (should be PELICANS, see comment below) were diving and eating the whole time but right before sunset there seems to be an “eating frenzy” then just like that they fly away to wait for tomorrow:)

I found some cool sea shells and little sea pebbles and saw many, many more. That is when I decided I couldn’t/shouldn’t pick all of them so I took some photos for evidence (and a bird photo).


Some are from San José del Cabo too







The fish tacos were very, very fresh and tasty, best meal yet !! 


I know I mentioned in my previous post about having stingray tacos for dinner but I had them the next day (Tuesday) for Bruncho:)

  Stingray on the left, texture like shredded dark chicken, tasted “fishy chicken?”

Back to Playa El Tecolote:

CLICK HERE for “Just the Waves and Seagulls and a Lucky Dog”:

Click Me for the “Feeding Frenzy” - Pardon the quality, I took the video with 3x Zoom while I was eating, very lazy I know but …….. :)

Click This for “Just the Waves and Sunset”

That’s it for Monday, tomorrow I have a little time left in La Paz and then I am taking Aguila Bus back west across the Baja desert to Todos Santos for a couple of nights.

Adios for now !!

1 comment:

  1. I need to make a correction as pointed out by an astute follower.
    The birds feeding on the little fish are PELICANS not seagulls :)

    ReplyDelete