Friday, February 18, 2022

MyShadowProductions #88 - Puerto Vallarta 15 - 18 Feb 2022

 Hola Amigos! I have some catching up to do :)

Starting off with a movie/video created from photos Tuesday night and Wednesday morning. Keep an eye out for the diving pelican at the end of the video:

Thursday I was having big problems with my phone not charging so I took a bus North to the Mac/Apple store at La Isla mall (believe me, a mall is the absolute last place I want to go on a trip or any other time :). Besides that, the bus ride was in heavy traffic through all the condo and hotel areas and I will stop complaining there.

Good news, after a decent wait I was able to have them look at the phone and they cleaned the charging port and all is good (only 600 pesos, $30).

Since I was already 45 minutes North of my hotel, I took the bus another 30 minutes North to Bucerias. It is a smaller area on the Bay of Banderas with a Playa (beach) that extends over 5 miles. Good winds for Kitesurfing. Here a couple of movie/videos created from my photos there:


The part of the video where you see a tree stump in the foreground and ocean, I was sitting there listening to live classic rock music from a restaurant behind me. Perfect place because the music wasn’t too loud. I tried to take a video of the ocean hoping the music could be heard on the video but that didn’t work :(

Meanwhile, back in Puerto Vallarta, Close to the Malecòn there is a Park with a lot of Tile Mosaics. Click here to read all about it!

This bench looks like it is available if anybody wants to schedule a group trip and put our Tiles out there! Imagine how many benches, etc. we could have done with all the ceramic tile we had or could have had from Uncle Bob!!

Here is a movie/video created from my photos at the Park with other random photos of tile throughout my walks:

I do not have any photos for this but this afternoon while strolling (kind of like walking) along the Malecòn I heard someone mention Whales. Sure enough, way out in the bay I could see the “spray” from the blowholes, a tail fin or two breach the waves and glisten in the sun and then, one of the whales jumped completely out of the sea! Much like the roadrunner I missed at the San Miguel de Allende Botanic Garden, my phone was not ready. Sorry if you were expecting/hoping for a joke at the end, just a story without evidence.

I spent a little time today planning for the last few days of my trip. I think I will take about 3 additional day trips and I have 2 free days.

Also today, Friday, I went a few blocks off the Malecòn and walked up and down the streets on the hills for some great views and architecture. The Casa Kimberly by the white arching bridge in the video is now a Hotel in the casa (house) that Richard Burton bought for him and Elizabeth Taylor back in the day. The movie they were in, Night of the Iguana, was filmed in Mismaloya which is a beautiful small beach area about 30 minutes south of Puerto Vallarta. 

Here is my movie/video created from the photos on today’s morning walk:


Did you notice the tennis shoes hanging from the utility wires?

No, the Church steeple is not a “leaning tower”, I just did a poor job of editing the photos before creating the movie/video.

That was a great Mexican Omelette with Carne and coffee after the walk!


When the aforementioned Mosaic Tile Travel Group is in Puerto Vallarta, this is a great Italian Restaurant with a Mexican flavor!


That is Frankie (balding with green shirt) in the upper right corner of the rigatoni photo!

I haven’t done a good job bragging about how nice the weather is here:

I know some of you might be experiencing the six letter word “Winter” :)

Here’s another photo from this afternoon along the Malecòn:


Hasta Luego Amigos !!

No comments:

Post a Comment