Friday, March 19, 2021

MyShadowProductions #34 - Surprise Street Art on Decatur St

Trying to do my part for the environment :), I took an old laptop, printer, cell phones and cables to Blue Star Recyclers on Decatur Street, west of Downtown Denver, in the Sun Valley neighborhood.

The area is very convenient by bus from Downtown on the RTD 15, 16 or 9 buses. The business is very cool to me because they employ people with disAbilities. To visit their website Click Here.

While walking the short distance from the bus stop to Blue Star I passed Fairview Elementary School. Sadly there was no activity at the school!!! :(

A pleasant surprise though was the Art on the vintage School building and spread around the campus and adjoining area.

Here is a movie/video from my photos, Sports fans watch closely for the Broncos Empower Field at Mile High Stadium:


Interesting (?) side note, Decatur is a city close to my hometown of Springfield, IL and there was a Fairview School and Fairview Park (played Pony League baseball there) in Springfield.

My favorite photos of the day:

                                                   For the Fairview Falcons


See the Flagpole shadow?


Usually a good thing to do, as long as it isn’t getting involved in somebody else’s business :))

2 comments:

  1. Very creative group of artists- I enjoyed watching the different paintings.

    ReplyDelete